Monday, October 10, 2011

Newt Gingrich Speech at the Values Voter Summit FULL VIDEO and TEXT TRANSCRIPT

FRC Action Values Voter Summit 2011. Remarks by Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) Location: The Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.C. Time: 5:02 p.m. EDT. Date: Friday, October 7, 2011.

Transcript By Federal News Service Washington, D.C.

NEWT GINGRICH: You know, you're here at a historic moment. I think this is the first time in American history that two Georgians running for president have been back to back talking to an audience. (Laughter, applause.) I was just -- I was just comparing notes with Herman offstage.

I don't know if you've watched it, but the elite media said several weeks ago this was now a two-person race. And Herman and I have decided that may be right, but they have the wrong two people. (Cheers, laughter, applause.)

And it is kind of interesting that the two guys who have gotten the most money have lost the most votes, and the two guys who had the most ideas have gained the most votes. And that might -- I don't want to be too optimistic, but that might convince the elite media that maybe there is more to politics than fundraising and consultants, and maybe having a heart and a brain actually matters a lot. (Cheers, applause.)

Now, I think we are in a period of enormous challenge. I think that part of that challenge is Barack Obama, but frankly, I think it's much deeper. We have bureaucracies out of control. We have judges who don't understand the Constitution. We have teachers who don't believe in American history. We have an academic class that is in many ways alienated from the American people and an elite media which, frankly, I think, has no understanding of the origins of the
United States and the nature of American civilization.

So we have a lot of work to do. Recently I released -- and you can see it at newt.org -- a contract -- 21st century "Contract with America." And it outlines the scale of change. It outlines both a legislative program, and it outlines a first-day program of very specific executive orders.

Now, let me you give an example. Imagine about 3:30 or 3:45 on inauguration day, the inaugural address is over. We've said goodbye to folks. We take about an hour and a half, and we start signing between 50 and 200 specific orders moving the government away from Obama and back towards the American tradition. (Cheers, applause.)

Now I don't -- you can go to newt.org and you'll see a section -- and this is open to you -- we will release all the executive orders by October the 1st next year, so it will all be a part of the closing month of the campaign. And if the president says he's for one of them, we'll print it out, he can sign it. (Laughter.)

But -- but I can -- I don't know what all of them will be, but I can tell you what the first one will be. Around 3:45 or 4:00 on the afternoon of the inauguration, about the time that President Obama gets to Andrews Air Force Base to get on Air Force One to go back to Chicago -- (cheers, applauses) -- I will sign executive order number one, which will abolish as of that moment every White House czar. (Cheers, applause.)

Now, I wanted to come today to talk about a historic crisis that only indirectly relates to the president. You know, Abraham Lincoln said, if you debate somebody who does not agree that two plus two equals four, you probably can't win the argument because facts make no difference. And I want to start with that example. Newt Gingrich Speech at the Values Voter Summit FULL TEXT TRANSCRIPT

TEXT CREDIT: FRC Action The Cloakroom 801 G Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20001 Toll-free: 1-877/372-2808

No comments:

Post a Comment