Friday, July 08, 2005

Rudolph Giuliani praises emergency services

Rudolph Giuliani, Mayor of New York during the 9/11 terrorist attack, has said the emergency services could not have coped better with the terrorist attacks yesterday.

"People in London have always been remarkable. They were our inspiration on September 11 when we thought about how they reacted to the blitz in 1940, and how they went through something far worse than we would ever have to go through.

“My heart goes out to the people who were affected by this, it reminds me so much of 11 September.

“I feel very sorry for them and I offer all the support and help and assistance that we can give. I was right near Liverpool [Street] Station when the first bomb went off and was notified of it and it was just to me very eerie to be right there again when one of these attacks takes place.

“These are dastardly cowardly acts and the best way to react to them is to stand up to them and do everything we can to support the people that were affected by it, but not to let these terrorists affect our way of life.

“From everything I could see your emergency services responded very, very well, very effectively and very quickly; minimising damage as a result of their reaction.

“They seemed to have the proper training and anticipation for an event like this.

“It seemed to me that they reacted in exactly the way you would expect them to react and by doing that I believe your emergency services helped to minimise some of the damage and certainly to reduce some of the emotional reaction.

“Because people felt that this was being contained, it was handled in the best way possible.”

Bulletin 0000000209 08 July 2005 Source:
London Metropolitan Police more at or and or

No comments:

Post a Comment