Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Chris Christie Acceptance Speech FULL TEXT VIDEO

-----
-----

UPDATE 11/06/13 - - Chris Christie Acceptance Speech 2013 FULL TEXT TRANSCRIPT and VIDEO - "Thank you, New Jersey, for making me the luckiest guy in the world,"

-----
-----


New Jersey Governor-Elect Chris Christie (R) Delivers Acceptance Speech - 11/03/09 FULL TEXT TRANSCRIPT

" Ladies and gentlemen thank you so much. Thank you so much all of you -- here tonight. Thank you so much. Thank you so much."

" My -- economy get through this. -- first I want election. They're that good. Now. I want I want Alexia I want to let you all -- I want -- all about."

" I want to -- although. I wanna let you all know that about forty minutes ago. I received -- call of congratulations. From governor Jon Corzine."

" Okay."

" Now. -- Not help please don't."

" C'mon now. -- and the governor's call with gracious. I thank him for -- years of service to the state. He pledged he pledged he pledged a smooth. He pledged a smooth transition. To the new -- administration."

" Okay."

" Now now I'd like to I'd like you'd indulge me in just a few bank --"

" I want to thank you for it. --"

" Like you tells me if you -- I wanna bank. -- Great former Republican governors who stood with me governor Tom -- governor Christie Whitman thank you very much. It. I want to thank. My great friend. And my campaign chairman state senator Joe --"

" It the I want to thank the future of the Republican Party are Republican state chairman."

" And most of all most of all. I want to thank the most important people in my life. My wife Mary pat. -- for my four great children Andrew and Sarah. Patrick in -- it. -- effect -- that bill who is here with me tonight. I think you all know my brother Todd."

" Okay."

" And my sister gone I love them both thank you very much. You know and -- New Jersey New Jersey. Is extraordinary place. Here I am. -- guy who was born in -- forty -- years ago. Two parents two parents struggle to make ends meet brought me home. To a fourth floor walk up apartment on the corner south -- avenue and fourteenth street. At five years later. Five years later they moved this the Livingston because they want our family that the best public education we could possibly have. And everything. That I've been lucky enough to become. The foundation with -- for back. In those schools in those years by great teachers. Have by -- great parents. Who gave us the values that allowed me. To be standing in front of you tonight. At the 55 governor stated --"

" Okay."

" But you go I think -- all before. The selection tonight it's not about me. And it's not back him. And candidly. It's not about many -- you. This election. Was. And is. About the future of the state we love the great state of New Jersey. "

" And I."

" because. Because for me and for most of you. We've already had a great New Jersey life. Great New Jersey life and what we want to do is to make sure that everyone in New Jersey has the opportunity for that great New Jersey life and even more importantly. That our children and our grandchildren. Have the opportunity for that great -- life because. If we continue on the path we're on. That will not be possible. We are in a crisis. The times are extraordinarily difficult. But I stand here tonight. Full of hope. For our future. Full of expectations. And dreams. Not just for my children. But for all the children of New Jersey -- are gonna get to work to make that happen starting tomorrow."

" Because tomorrow. Because tomorrow. Together. We begin to take back New Jersey. "

" It. Tomorrow we're gonna take back -- Jersey for our families tomorrow we're gonna take back New Jersey for our friends. Tomorrow we're gonna take back New Jersey for our neighbors tomorrow we're gonna take back New Jersey for the least fortunate among us. Who do not want the government to fix every problem they just want to give a hand up so they can build opportunity for themselves."

" Tomorrow. Tomorrow. We begin. To build that greater New Jersey for our children and grandchildren. Because you see. I want my children. To raise their children. In this state. I want your children to raise their children in this state. So tomorrow. Tomorrow begin the task of fixing our broken state and I tell you. I can tell you I can tell you that they've and I -- Kim and I are ready for the task given the higher ready for the task. Now. I will tell you. The campaign. The camp we went rules seem easy. Compared to the path that lie ahead of the -- Thursday. We know the challenges we face -- over the next four years. Ever work cut out there are no easy answers. These difficult problems. But you know on the campaign throw -- and I really learned. Was that the suffocating taxes. And the government that was out of control. Has -- threatened completely out of touch tomorrow starting tomorrow. We're gonna pick -- up and we are gonna turn it upside down. Now. Over the last week only been on that campaign -- I've met a number of people and I -- tell you about just a few of them you can understand what we really -- front of us. Just today. I met a man from Hamilton with his two children. Who's a small business owner. Who with tears in his eyes told me if you don't win. -- this this is gonna go broke. I don't know what I'm gonna do with my children. We're gonna have to leave the state -- I was born and raised. This election tonight it's about him and his children. This week this week I met a senior citizen for ten -- A man who was nine years old. Who grabbed -- by the -- instead. A minding your sold. You better do everything you said it's not going to be here for years without -- hole to fill it. Tonight that election is about him. And couple weeks ago I met a farmer from violence. Who was a fourth generation. Farmer. In that town. And he's fit to be you know mr. Christie if this continues. I'm gonna have to be the one who gives up the farm that's been in my family for four generations. And -- feel like a break in the heart. Of my father. My grandfather. And my great grandfather. Tonight. That election is this election is about him. We need to make New Jersey more affordable and we need to do it now. And you know. You know -- be naysayers who say that. Kim and I are gonna be able lower taxes. That we're not gonna be able lower spending that we're not -- be able to cut onerous regulation but we're not gonna be able to get government back under control. Well let me tell yeah these were the same people who wait years ago when I became US attorney. Said that you couldn't fight corruption in New Jersey. Well they were wrong then that. And they are wrong now. -- kid a kid and I. Given Iowa -- without regard to party or politics. We will do it without regard to what section of the state you're from. What you're it's your race -- your ethnicity. What's your gender. Without regard to any of that because new Jersey's problems are too big. To any more conduct the petty politics of yesterday. No matter whose idea it is if it's a good one -- and I'll figure out how to get it done."

" Okay."

" Now let me say one more thing about the people of the state of New Jersey. You know you know for you know for years. For years and years and years. The Talking Heads on television. Commentators in the newspapers said you cannot. Win an election in New Jersey. Without being. Personally. Negative without doing smear attack ads on the character of your opponent now it now -- February. In February when -- for governor I said. But I knew that this campaign. Would get into the gutter. And that I would not follow my opponent that -- got -- And I told you then I did not know where that was a winning strategy or losing strategy. But I told you it was my strategy and -- worked too hard I've worked too hard. Over my life. To give away my integrity for any job not even this one."

" Okay. Okay."

" And let me tell you that's. Through bear overwhelming. -- work tonight. The people of New Jersey said no more -- negative personal campaign. --"

" In the face of a thirty million dollar onslaught. That consisted of almost exclusively. Negative personal can't -- campaign against me. My family and my friends the people of New Jersey decided enough is he now."

" And and so now. -- out to all. Of those pundits out there. -- all of those experts on politics. I beg you. Let's turn the page let's put the petty politics of the past behind us and it started a new era of hope. And -- to -- New Jersey. "

" because. I was born here. And I was raised here. And this is the state that I love. And I'll tell you I have known from minute one of this campaign. That we can change New Jersey. So tomorrow. Let's roll up our sleeves. Let's get to work. At the hard task ahead of us what we will know. That at the end of these four years. I promise you one thing. That we will restore. Your hope. And your faith. And your trust. In New Jersey thank you very much."
by Christopher Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment