Thursday, October 21, 2004

Medical Liability Reform Health Care

Remarks by President Bush on Medical Liability Reform and Health Care

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- The following are remarks by PresidentBush on Medical Liability Reform and Health Care:

United Sports Training Center
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
1:37 P.M. EDT

President Bush: Thank you all for coming. (Applause.) I appreciate you all being here. Thanks for coming. I appreciate such a warm welcome. I'm proud to be back in Chester County, Pennsylvania. (Applause.) I'm here to ask for your help. We're less than two weeks away when the people get to go express their opinion in the polls, and I believe, with your help, we're going to win the state of Pennsylvania. (Applause.)

I know a lot of people are working hard in this campaign, and I am here to thank you. I want to thank you for putting up the signs. I want to thank you for making the phone calls. I want to thank you for reminding our fellow citizens we have a duty to go to the polls in a democracy. And when you get them headed to the polls, remind them if they want a safer America, a stronger America, and a better America, to put me and Dick Cheney back in office. (Applause.)

So ever since Barbara and Jenna were young I've been telling them we're going to go on the great family camping trip. (Laughter.) I'm sure they envisioned the Colorado River, or the wilds of Alaska, but, no, the great family camping trip turned out to be the campaign of 2004. (Applause.) And I can't tell you -- I cannot tell you how great it is to have my daughter introduce me in front of you all. I'm proud of Barbara. I love her dearly. And I thank you for joining me, darling. (Applause.) My only regret, which is I'm sure your regret, is that Laura is not here. (Applause.) And Jenna, of course, but she's with Laura. See, when I asked Laura to marry me she said, fine, I will marry you, so long as I never have to give a speech. (Laughter.) I said, okay, you've got a deal. Fortunately, she did not hold me to that deal. Laura is giving a lot of speeches, and when she does, the American people see a warm compassionate, strong First Lady. (Applause.)


AUDIENCE: Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!


THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. I am proud of my running mate. I met with the Vice President this morning at our national security briefing. It -- taking a look at him reminded me I didn't pick him because of his hairdo. (Laughter.) He does not have the waviest hair in the race. (Laughter.) But I picked him because of his experience and sound judgment. He's doing a great for the American people. (Applause.)

By the way, a fellow you trained is doing a great job in Washington, and that would be your former governor, Tom Ridge. (Applause.) He is a fine member of a very strong Cabinet. And he is doing a fine job of helping protect this homeland. I want to thank your two United States Senators for their service to your state. First, I hope you put Arlen Specter back into office. He's a good Senator. (Applause.) And I'm proud to work with your other Senator, Rick Santorum. (Applause.)

I want to thank Congressman Jim Gerlach for his service to the this district. I appreciate you, Congressman. (Applause.) He's somewhere around here. Where -- there you are, Congressman. Good to see you. I see you're sitting next to a good fellow in Congressman Joe Pitts -- appreciate you coming, Joe. And Congressman Tom Feeney from the state of Florida is with us. (Applause.) Feeney? Yes, what are you doing here? Get back to your district and turn out the vote. (Laughter and applause.) I'll see you down there Saturday. (Laughter.)
FULL TEXT Remarks by President Bush on Medical Liability Reform and Health

No comments:

Post a Comment