Saturday, August 23, 2008

John McCain TV Ad: "Joe Biden" VIDEO

John McCain 2008 Launches New TV Ad: "Biden"


EDITORS NOTE: Original Daily Show video from 2005 Jon Stewart Joe Biden The Daily Show VIDEO

ARLINGTON, VA -- U.S. Senator John McCain's presidential campaign today released its latest television ad, entitled "Biden." As the ad highlights, before he was selected to run on the Democratic ticket, Joe Biden questioned Barack Obama's lack of experience and said he would be "honored" to run with John McCain. The ad will air in key states.

Script For "Biden" (TV :30)

ANNCR: What does Barack Obama's running mate say about Barack Obama?

ABC'S GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: You were asked, "Is he ready?" You said, "I think he can be ready but right now, I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

JOE BIDEN: I think that I stand by the statement.

ANNCR: And what does he say about John McCain?

BIDEN: I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off.

JOHN MCCAIN: I'm John McCain and I approve this message.

AD FACTS: Script For "Biden" (TV :30)

ANNCR: What does Barack Obama's running mate say about Barack Obama? ABC'S GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: You were asked, "Is he ready?" You said, "I think he can be ready but right now, I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training." JOE BIDEN: I think that I stand by the statement.

* Joe Biden Said Obama Is Not Ready To Serve As President. ABC's George Stephanopoulos: "You were asked is he ready. You said 'I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.'" Sen. Biden: "I think that I stand by the statement."
(ABC's, "This Week," 8/19/07)

ANNCR: And what does he say about John McCain? BIDEN: I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off. JOHN MCCAIN: I'm John McCain and I approve this message.

* Joe Biden Said He'd Be Honored To Run With McCain. Comedy Central's Jon Stewart: "You may end up going against a Senate colleague, perhaps McCain, perhaps Frist?" Sen. Biden: "John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off -- be well off no matter who..." Stewart: "Did I hear, Did I hear with?" Sen. Biden: "You know, John McCain and I think" Stewart: "Don't become cottage cheese my friend. Say it." Sen. Biden: "The answer is yes."
(Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" 8/2/05)

Tags: or and

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the McCain campaign forgot was the full, very embarrassing context of the quote.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=125441&title=Joe-Biden-Pt,-2

...basically, Biden told the Daily Show back in 2005 that he urged John McCain to switch parties and run as John Kerry's
running mate!

To make matters worse for McCain, he denied this fact initially when asked by the NY Times, only to completely blow up at a NYT
reporter, when confronted on his lie, finally admitting it, and claiming that it was common knowledge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2NxBCFr84

The video of this is very embarrassing for McCain, and reenforces a lot of the negative perceptions people have about
him.

More info below, with the interview transcript, supporting links, etc. Feel free to yoink at your leisure...

http://insomnia.livejournal.com/823964.html

sookietex said...

to answer in order, "embarrassing context"

"i admire you so much that i wish you would join my family and not only that i wish you would consider being vice leader of my family." yeah, REAL embarrrassing :-)

".basically, Biden told the Daily Show"

basically the exact quote "i wanted john to run with john kerry"

wow how can live with such an insult :-)

as to the times reporter to quote reggie jackson "One's a born liar, the other's convicted."

hard to tell what she's fishing for from the clip but from what i can gather. a private conversation between two people is private. seems to me much more embarrassing for senator kerry to be turn down publicly and john was tring to spare a colleague face and feelings.

yeah real "embarrassing" and "reenforces a lot of the negative perceptions"

yeah like joe's statements seem to indicate. that john mccain is well respected on both sides of the aisle. oh no! how can we go on? :-)

readers may view all the videos exhibits, sans op/ed here Jon Stewart Joe Biden The Daily Show VIDEO

Post a Comment