Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Statement from Majority Leader Tom DeLay

WASHINGTON – House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas) issued the following statement regarding House Republicans’ efforts to forge a compromise to get the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct up and running:

“I appreciate House Republicans’ continued efforts to search for a way to get the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct up and running. Republicans agree that the House of Representatives needs a functioning Committee on Standards of Official Conduct.

“I’ve sent letters to the committee asking to appear before the chairman and ranking member to discuss matters. And for more than a month I’ve said I hope for a fair process that will afford me the opportunity to get the facts out and set the record straight. I welcome the opportunity to address this with the committee.”

SOURCE:
Majority Leader : Tom DeLay Wednesday, April 20, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment