Wednesday, August 26, 2009

George H.W. Bush, the 41st president on the death of Senator Edward Kennedy

George H.W. Bush Senator Edward Kennedy"Barbara and I were deeply saddened to learn Ted Kennedy lost his valiant battle with cancer. While we didn’t see eye-to-eye on many political issues through the years, I always respected his steadfast public service - so much so, in fact, that I invited him to my library in 2003 to receive the Bush Award for Excellence in Public Service,
Ted Kennedy was a seminal figure in the United States Senate - a leader who answered the call to duty for some 47 years, and whose death closes a remarkable chapter in that body’s history.

Barbara and I - and all Bushes - send our heartfelt condolences to Victoria, Ted's kids, and the entire Kennedy family."

No comments:

Post a Comment