Monday, May 10, 2010

Jon Kyl Statement on Kagan Nomination

Senator Kyl celebrates Safford’s new 8th Avenue Bridge“As I made clear when I supported her confirmation as Solicitor General, a temporary political appointment is far different than a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.”

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Republican Whip Jon Kyl, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, made the following statement today regarding the nomination of Elena Kagan to serve as an Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court:


“I congratulate Ms. Kagan on her nomination to the United States Supreme Court.

“Every Senator has a constitutional duty to scrutinize judicial nominees, and I will take great care in examining her record to ensure that she possesses the qualities the American people expect in our Supreme Court Justices. I expect Senate Democrats will allow ample time for the Senate to conduct this vetting process.

“As I made clear when I supported her confirmation as Solicitor General, a temporary political appointment is far different than a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.” ###

United States Senator Jon Kyl FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 10, 2010 CONTACT: Andrew Wilder or Ryan Patmintra WASHINGTON, D.C. OFFICE 730 Hart Senate Building Washington, D.C. 20510 Phone: (202) 224-4521 Fax: (202) 224-2207

No comments:

Post a Comment