Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Johnny Isakson Elena Kagan will legislate through activist judicial decisions

Senator Johnny IsaksonLegislate from the bench, activist judicial decisions, ban on military recruiters, i'm sure everything will be ok.

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., today made the following statement regarding his intention to vote against the nomination of Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the U.S. Supreme Court:
“I have personally interviewed Ms. Kagan, and I have carefully followed the Judiciary Committee hearings as well as her testimony. After thorough consideration, I have determined that I will not vote for her confirmation.

“I voted against Ms. Kagan’s confirmation as Solicitor General of the United States in 2009 because of her support of a ban on military recruiters at Harvard University. Her lack of appellate or trial experience also concerned me greatly.

“I believe a qualified judge is one who understands the value and the strength and the power of the Constitution of the United States of America, who will rule based on the law, and who will not legislate through activist judicial decisions. I do not believe Ms. Kagan’s record has met this standard.” ###

U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson, R-Ga. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, July 7, 2010 Washington: United States Senate, 120 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510 Tel: (202) 224-3643 Fax: (202) 228-0724 Atlanta: One Overton Park, 3625 Cumberland Blvd, Suite 970, Atlanta, GA 30339 Tel: (770) 661-0999 Fax: (770) 661-0768

No comments:

Post a Comment