Sunday, December 05, 2004

Remarks by Ambassador John C. Danforth

Remarks by John C. Danforth USUN PRESS RELEASE # 271 (04) December 3, 2004 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Remarks by Ambassador John C. Danforth, U.S. Representative to the United Nations, on his Tenure as the U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations, at the Security Council Stakeout, December 3, 2004

Reporter: Any surprises for us today?

Ambassador Danforth: What can I say?

Reporter: Ambassador, why are you leaving?

Ambassador Danforth: I want to go home. It’s just that simple. It doesn’t have anything to do with making any kind of statement other than at this point in my life the question that I ask myself is what’s most important to me. And what is most important to me is my wife and my home and having more time with both. I’m a St. Louis guy and that’s the place I love and the wife of 47 years, and I just want to spend more time with both.

Reporter: Do you think Kofi should leave too?

Ambassador Danforth: I think that an investigation is going on. It’s very important when an investigation is going on to have it proceed in an orderly way and in a very thorough way, and for everybody to keep his mind open.

FULL TEXT Remarks by Ambassador John C. Danforth

No comments:

Post a Comment